For a quick side dish, snap and string green beans while the water heats in your pressure cooker. Better yet, buy a package of ready-to-cook green beans. Toss them in with a package of cleaned, sliced mushrooms, and you’re minutes away from a delicious vegetable dish.
Green beans and mushrooms under pressure
Serves 4 — 6
- 1 pound fresh green beans, washed and trimmed.
- 1 pound fresh sliced and cleaned white mushrooms
- 1 clove garlic, pressed or grated
- ½ tsp. Kosher salt or pink Himalayan salt
- ¼ tsp. fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup water
- (optional: ¼ cup chopped onion and ¼ cup chopped sweet pepper)
- Add water to the pressure cooker and preheat.
- Add beans and mushrooms to the pot.
- Cover the beans and mushrooms with the garlic, salt, and pepper. (Add chopped onion and pepper if desired)
- Secure lid to pressure cooker. Bring to pressure.
- Cook two minutes, remove from heat, and immediately quick-release pressure (Be careful! The steam can burn).
- Using a slotted spoon, move the beans and mushrooms dish to a serving bowl. Serve immediately.